Village Events

DALWOOD,

NEAR AXMINSTER,

DEVON

EX13 7EG

Dalwood is a village and county parish in the East Devon district of the county of Devon.

It is approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) from the nearest town, Axminster and 5 miles (8.0 km) from Honiton & is just north of the A35.

The village is within the Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and with the nearby village of Stockland formed a part of an outlier of the County of Dorset until 1842.

Dalwood is a small village with a Church, a Nursery School, a Pub (The Tucker's Arms), a Community-run Shop, Village Hall and a Bridge over the River Corry.

St Peter's church is 15th century and was restored in 1881.  It has some early stained glass windows.  Immediately to the right of the main door  is the grave of Pedro de Alcantara Travassos Valdez a son of the Portuguese soldier and Prime Minister Jose Lucio Travassos Valdez, 1st  Count of Bonfim.

Loughwood Meeting House (National Trust) is a mile from the Village & is just north of the A35. It is an 18th-century Baptist chapel with an unaltered interior.

Some landscaped gardens are opened to the public at nearby Burrow Farm.